Visual Merchandising Category Manager
the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts—in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whetheryour deepest passion
is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:We are currently seeking a Senior Manager Visual Merchandising to join our team. The ideal candidate will excel with leading, mentoring and developing teams balanced with a passion for operational excellence. This person should be driven by constant curiosity and the desire to provide the best internal and external customer experience with proven effective leadership and people management skills that contributes to a positive team environment. A collaborative, team player with ability to challenge constructively with excellent problem solving, negotiating, and influencing abilities. This role will work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Store Design, SD&E Operations, CX, merchant teams, Marketing strategy and creative teams, Space Planning, Procurement and brands.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Category team of strategic, thought partners who translate business and brand strategies into fully integrated visual merchandising.
- Oversee team responsible for pre-production work, coordination of print production and execution of graphics strategies for existing, new and remodel stores.
- Works with Sr. Manager CX to ensure the proper translation of their vision to execution in stores.
- Provide input to overall in-store branding and design strategies, including the design and placement of fixtures, layouts and graphics/signage in partnership with Marketing Creative teams.
- Oversee implementation and creation of all visual merchandising directives to stores, allowing for consistent execution of the company vision across all store formats.
- Develop and manage all presentation standards for stores, including training modules that encourage the development of brand standard
- Oversee day in day out workflows for Category and Print Production teams. Meet with stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Assess and identify current and future organizational training and development needs
- Ensure workflows and SOP’s are created and updated. Document project development and manage timeliness from brief through store execution.
- Advocate and educate partners in other channels of the importance of the Visual Merchandising function.
- Create, maintain, and manage related budgets.
- 8+ years proven experience with visual merchandising and display in a Corporate Retail environment and or VM District or Regional visual merchandising.
- 5+ years management and leadership experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing Visual Merchandising for 100+ stores.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Familiarity with Monday.com, Smartsheet or like programs preferred.
- Merchandising skills with demonstrated knowledge of store fixtures, design and store operations. Additional experience with temporary fixture and point of purchase displays preferred.
- Strong communication skills needed for leadership presentations on project strategy & plans, work in progress development as well as completed projects.
- Analytical and process management and development skills are necessary for continuous improvement.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in print procurement, production, & print processes preferred.
(NASDAQ: ULTA),the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.