Visual Merchandising Coordinator
In 1997 a pair of pants changed the way American women dress. Recognizing the need for clothes that felt great and fit perfectly, we developed an innovative stretch fabric that would dramatically improve a pant’s performance. These pants had the power to make women feel confident, smart, and stylish. Never before had American sportswear been so easy to wear to work and everywhere else.
When Theory for men was established, similar foundation principles were used, so that they, too, could get dressed in innovative, highly functional, and stylish clothes.
Our commitment to design, fit, and construction ensures exceptional comfort and quality. We source our materials from the best mills in the world and test every fabric for its hand-feel, durability, and design. Versatile, sophisticated, and easy to wear, our seasonal collections are designed with purpose.
The Fast Retailing acquisition of Theory in 2004 spurred global expansion of the brand; today, Theory operates 221 freestanding stores worldwide. The launch of e-commerce in 2010 and collaborative relationships with department and specialty stores continue to position Theory as a continually expanding international omnichannel phenomenon. We believe cool, expertly tailored pieces made from the best materials have the power to change the way we feel, improve the way we work, and inspire the way we live.
Become an integral part of the Theory business. We are looking for aVisual Merchandising Coordinatorto join our Visual Merchandising team. This role will support the Brand Image through the communication and implementation of the Visual Merchandising presentations across all retail /wholesale stores. This role will act as the liaison between the field and corporate offices, communicating between the two to ensure thoughtful decisions are made to best drive sales, support the field team, and uphold Theory’s visual standards.
- Travel to floor set store to execute and photograph merchandise layout
- Create visual directive in InDesign
- Assist stores with floor-set planning and execution
- Provide feedback to stores on visual strengths and opportunities
- Partner with the Buying team to ensure that all promotional in-store marketing is communicated and available
- Participate in the mapping process to layout future deliveries
- Assist in the development and creation of all visual merchandising educational materials, specifically how to manuals and standards manuals
- Provide stores with all tools necessary to succeed in visual execution
- Manage fixture, hardware and prop inventories and allocations for stores
Operations and Project Planning
- Work within weekly/monthly planning calendars for all visual merchandising projects
- Provide chain-wide communication with visual merchandising material including visual changes, updates, and announcements
New Store Opening
- Support in the design of floor plans with merchandise zoning and flow of product
- Assist on special projects related to store design
- Assist on execution of New Store Openings through established processes and procedures
- Communicate important dates and deadlines to corporate and field teams
- Partner with Store Construction on deliveries and installations
- 1-3 years' visual merchandising experience required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-store retail experience a plus
- Bachelors degree in related field
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Fast Retailing does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.