Visual Merchandising Coordinator (Northern California)
At Cartier North America, we are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
This individual will report to the Senior Visual Merchandising in the coordination and implementation of all Cartier visual merchandising and display functions for San Francisco and Northern California retail boutiques, including general visual merchandising and display, developing and communicating presentations for all installations and visual initiatives, standards and guidelines; handling display for special events and installing new window and coordination of seasonal themes and product launches.
- Support RVM with general visual merchandising and display. Windows, in-store animations, daily maintenance, replenishment, and remerchandising based on product transfers.
- Elevating in-store VIP client experiences and appointments, events, openings, special animations, i.e. calligrapher, fragrance engraving events, etc…
- Visit competitors and report best practices to the VM team.
- Ordering props, creative materials, and accessories for display.
- Installing and setting up window displays, walkways, counters, and in-store displays, or supervising contractors hired for this purpose.
- Changing displays to promote new product launches or to reflect festive seasonal themes.
- Support RVM with local travel during busy seasons, i.e. Holiday, CNY, etc… to ensure installations at boutiques are completed within the pre-set deadlines.
- Liaising with other retail professionals, including marketing, and retail merchandisers, Events, & Press when necessary.
- Catalog and maintain photo files and database of seasonal theme windows, concept displays, and dimensions.
- BS degree in visual merchandising, fashion merchandising, exhibition design, visual communications, or similar
- 1-2 years experience in field visual merchandising, including window displays, interior displays, and space utilization.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools.
- Management or People leadership experience
- Personal skills: Communication/ Influencing
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong professional with analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Has the flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
- Proactive in anticipating and planning projects.