Visual Merchandising Designer
Visual Merchandising Designer Responsibilities:
- End-to-end management/execution of all visual merchandising requests, overseeing all phases of projects in order to meet deadlines, including design stages, obtaining final approvals and seeing all projects through to completion.
- Attend meetings, present concepts and report on status of current projects.
- Execute and oversee the development of Merchandising Guidelines for campaign launches as well as event and in-store display guidelines.
- Participate in development sessions with management as well as marketing and sales to discuss objectives for projects and ensure consistency to launch programs and marketing/sales strategies.
- Communicate with store design to understand in-store conditions and environment to ensure merchandising solutions result in a cohesive brand message and positive brand experience for all customers at counter.
- Along with standard units, create site-specific one-off merchandising units that must be addressed individually each season according to sales/marketing and store requests.
- On approval of projects, create/approve vendor construction documents and vendor-required dimensioned drawings, instruction sheets for new and on-going units.
- Demonstrate an understanding of materials, cost, and time requirements on projects.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts and merchandising, travel as necessary, and complete in-store site visits to observe counters in action and/or approve production, research trends and materials.
Visual Merchandising Designer Qualifications:
4+ years of related experience (preferably in the cosmetics or fashion arena) in visual merchandising or industrial design, store planning/design, event design, graphic design, or related experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Computer skills: On Mac platform; Strong 3D drawing and rendering skills a must. Rhino or Sketchup. Keyshot or podium. Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, In-Design, all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong graphic design with ability to follow graphic standards and 3-dimensional design skills.
- Awareness of trends in the beauty/fashion industry as well as social digital platforms.
- Strong ability to render and communicate ideas, flexibility of vision, responsiveness to creative input and great visual sensibilities.
- Must be exceptionally creative and innovative, and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly.
- Ability to obtain cooperation from all levels of staff and vendors resulting in smooth completion of project initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, contribute ideas, and interact with other departments to obtain current information in an ever-evolving environment on trends, customers, market conditions, etc.
- Ability to receive input from others, and be able to persuasively discuss/defend design solutions while remaining flexible and open to other points of view with both internal and external groups.
- Superior organizational skills to handle the details of many projects simultaneously with ability to juggle many pressing priorities with ease in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of current Fashion/Retail trends, ability to identify and translate trends in the industry and the consumer marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
- Understanding of server protocol and follow through on file back-up and archiving to prevent the loss of work.