Visual Merchandising Designer
In your position as a visual merchandiser, you will be taking a key role in supporting the workload of the team, contributing to a smooth and productive workflow, and optimization of the production process. Together with the DMI Visual Merchandising and Retail Design team, you will be working on the creation of POS elements for new launches, global and internal retail projects, brand innovation, and day to day operational tasks.
• For each launch, assist in designing and developing product staging according to different POS touchpoints.
• Cooperate with 360° internal & external stakeholders to guarantee a consistent retail experience.
• Brainstorm with the team on launch strategy and design direction.
• Build accurate 3D models of new product to be released internally.
• Assist with the creation of compelling 2D graphics to be used in POS globally.
• Help maintain consistency in designs and reinforce the brand’s image globally.
• Keep track of deadlines and help ensure smooth transitioning between projects.
• Follow either local or international productions.
• Follow design trends, innovation and new materials.
• Creativity and strong eye for design elements such as typography, texture, color, and materials.
• Excellent layout ability.
• 3D design experience required.
• 2D/graphic design experience required.
• Knowledge of visual merchandising required.
• Able to create clean realistic mockups.
• Overall diversified knowledge of art and design.
• Basic print and production knowledge.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and outside the box thinker.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and once.
• Fast learner, self-sufficient team player.
• Knowledge of cosmetics/ beauty industry preferred.
• Must be highly proficient in Sketch-Up
• Must be highly proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Microsoft Applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Basic Mac system/software
Qualification & Education
• Four-year degree in industrial, interior or graphic design strongly preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
• Retail merchandising experience.
• 2-4 years of experience in a similar position