VISUAL MERCHANDISING FIELD MANAGER
The Visual Merchandising Field Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of Lafayette 148’s brand visual guidelines for key wholesale accounts and high profile retail stores. This role will be predominantly field-based, mostly in the New York area with approximately one week per month travel outside of New York, focusing on Florida and other key markets. This role will require hands-on visual merchandising during each store visit to execute current guidelines provided by the corporate team.
The Visual Merchandising Manager will also develop a relationship with our field and corporate wholesale partners to help improve visual standards and execution in the field, as well as provide relevant training to help drive visual standards and execution.
This role reports to the Senior VM Director and will also support key visual activity in the office. This will include market showroom sets (with a focus on wholesale) and wholesale directive sets and shoots. The Visual Merchandising Field Manager plays a critical role within the VM team and is the key collaborator in partnership with the Sr. Director to constantly strive for visual excellence in the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES: FIELD RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travels to the key wholesale (WS) accounts and high-profile retail locations to execute and edit the visual presentation to align with brand direction.
- Strategically prioritizes visits based on performance needs and executive visits to help deliver consistent presentations across the stores.
- Builds partnerships with the key WS accounts field team and head VM contacts by account to drive visual excellence and brand standards.
- Provides training for new field wholesale or retail managers to properly train them on visual protocol and standards for execution.
- Acts as a Lafayette 148 brand ambassador in the field, championing the brand, presenting brand appropriate and setting a high standard for all customer facing elements in the accounts and stores.
- Highlights maintenance issues and actively follows up to keep communication flowing to help solve or escalate store design or operational issues.
- Communicate with marketing team to establish strategies and design concepts for seasonal product launches and wholesale display opportunities.
- Attends market as visual support to partner with the corporate visual team to deliver the showroom presentation.
- Actively leads WS directive set ups and assigns seasonal looks by account based on the buy to provide seasonal VM direction for wholesale.
- Edits the showroom for WS purposes ensuring appropriate changes have been made to accommodate the wholesale team’s needs.
- Provides guidance during market to help influence the buy for visual purposes.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years’ of retail visual management experience in multi-store capacity
- Must have a valid drivers license as driving will be expected.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proactive thinker, capable of anticipating problems and developing effective solutions
- Strong on-site visual merchandising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organized with excellent follow up skills
- Must be able to interact across departmental divisions and integrate/collaborate with corporate partners
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment
- Flexible with an entrepreneurial drive and ability to act independently
- Ability to travel up to approximately 50%
- knowledge of Macintosh and Adobe platform and digital camera skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)