Visual Merchandising Lead (Walmart)
The Lead Visual Merchandiser (MC) creates and executes merchandising strategies and solutions in apparel, accessories, and footwear including women’s, men’s, boys, girls, and baby for a select set of Walmart stores across the United States. Merchandising strategies and solutions should be designed to create positive brand experiences and drive sales. This role collaborates cross-functionally with Winston partners including Visual District Managers and the VP of Retail to deliver its objectives. This role is also the liaison and lead communicator with Walmart store leadership to promote a positive partnership across the store. In addition, the Lead Visual Merchandiser will promote the team’s accomplishments, reinforce Winston’s value. The position reports to the Visual District Manager.
- Leads the team in the development of positive store relationships across all roles within Walmart.
- Collaborates daily with the Support VMs on the development of visual merchandising strategies, solutions and goals.
- Attends morning meetings held by store management to align on Winston goals and visual merchandising ideas prior to execution.
- Directs the VM support team on the goals for the day and strategically distributes work to ensure timely completion within the daily hours allotted.
- Ensures the team is following all Walmart store processes and protocols.
- Leads team to executes merchandising strategies in a manner that is least disruptive to the store and protects the customer experience.
- Provides training and coaching to Support VM staff as needed.
- Responsible for quality of the team’s overall execution.
- Ensure the store’s signing storage area is kept clean and organized.
- Elevates any Support VM concerns or Store Management concerns to the Visual District Manager
- Partners with Store Management to secure sales results in Winston’s focus departments to monitor the impact of our work
- Provides timely completion of daily store visit report questions and photo requirements that clearly communicate the team’s accomplishments.
- 3-5 years of retail merchandising experience within apparel, footwear, and accessories
- Managed a team of 3-10+ people
- Passion for retail merchandising and visual story telling in an energetic environment
- Proven experience developing and executing elevated visual merchandising concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all Winston and Walmart levels
- Proven experience leading and coaching others in the accomplishment of daily goals
- Ability to provide clear communication in both verbal and written reports
- Strong work ethic, reliable and committed
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable, and trustworthy
- Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Email)
- Technology A smartphone is required for reporting purposes; tablets are not recommended. For iOS users, we recommend an iPhone 6 or greater and iOS of 12.0 or greater. For Android users, we recommend devices that are no more than 5 years old and updated to Android OS 9.0 or greater.
- Ability to download and install an app on your smart phone, and upload reports via the app.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds and be mobile for the entire duration of an 8-hour work shift.