Visual Merchandising Manager
Manage and coordinate the visual merchandising programs for all retail locations. Establish a connection between the Helzberg physical store environment, Helzberg product lines and Helzberg Company brand standards all the while aiming to support the attainment of sales goals. This position will ensure that new in-case programs and in-case props and fixtures create an atmosphere of comfort, curiosity, and interactivity that in turn will encourage browsing and linger times to increase intentional, add-on, and impulse sales.
- Design and implement HDS Visual Merchandising programs, specifically including, in-case prop development and execution for all retail locations.
- Research, design and develop visual props to meet business objectives.
- Develop strategies to achieve goals based on seasonal cycles and new product roll-out (e.g., Wedding Initiatives, new business etc.) growth targets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners such as prop and in-case fixture partners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners such as merchandise buyers, store operations and stores.
· Manage and implement approved upcoming 3-year re-prop rollout program and props associated with store capital projects. Includes coordinating schedules with the Real Estate team, stores, and vendors and attending weekly construction meetings.
· Maintain the Visual Merchandising budget and process monthly invoices/prepaid store shipments.
- Recommend relevant spending amounts for planned Visual Merchandising projects. Monitor capital and expenses to ensure projects are within budget. Review monthly report and analyze variance to budget and re-forecast if appropriate.
- Responsible for taking, editing, and sending the POG pics
- Train how to set/flex POG and the benefits of leveraging them
- Confirm stores set POGs
- Responsible for collecting and communicating the by store linear feet allocations/matrix
- Works with merchants to determine ideal assortment adjacencies and works with stores to execute them
- Maintain by store display capacity (# of linear feet available for merchandise)
Store Visual Execution
· Collaborate with DVP of Learning and Performance to ensure store execution and compliance of Visual Merchandising and Brand Standards. Train the “trainers” so regional managers & store managers ensure associates execute effectively.
· Pilot and oversee the creation of a simplified repeatable re-prop process that can be implemented largely by field operations. Collaborate with Store Operations with a three year re-prop rollout process.
· Determine physical setup of showcases for all merchandising concepts.
· Create guidelines and standards for store implementation according to established timelines.
· Provide customer service to the stores regarding display questions and replenishment. Serve as an advocate in working with all other SSC departments to proactively determine how to deal with potential issues.
- Conduct in-store visits to assist with visual merchandising execution and training.
- Help with store re-sets and new openings.
- Research, identify, and retain external vendors as necessary to ensure successful initiatives for in-case visual while maintaining budgets and schedules.
- Develop in-case signage and execute shipping and delivery to stores.
- Work with marketing to ensure correct in-case signage execution, meeting outlined objectives.
- Meet frequently with Buying teams to understand new fixture/prop needs coming down the pipeline.
- Responsible for new prop sign development.
- Create/manage tracker to understand where Pacific Northern (PN) is with fixture development.
Fixture Inventory Management
- Manage fixture/prop inventory at PN, the SSC and the Mock Store. Ensure old props/fixtures are discarded.
- Maintain current knowledge of which props are used by channel and by store type.
- Verify PN Prepaid totals match Finance quarterly.
- Process all PN prepaid monthly shipping invoices and update monthly shipping report by store and send report to Finance.
- Process all PN prepaid shipping memo adjustments by store and send report to Finance.
- Provide leadership to primary vendor partners to ensure alignment with merchandising strategy. Test and lead vendor selection. Monitor deliverables and spending to ensure deadlines and budgets are maintained.
- Direct and manage prop vendors– display design, development, price negotiation & production. Manage inventory to ensure prepaid props are used prior to obsolescence. Also, prioritize purchase quantities based on what can be used within an 18-month window vs. overbuying to get lower per unit pricing.
- Validate in-stock items annually with primary vendor to avoid duplication and ensure adequate supply.
Budget and Invoicing
- Process all invoices and verify PO and budget.
- Update Visual Merchandising invoice report each month.
- Work with merchants to ensure all vendor rebates are on report.
- Send debit memos for received and invoiced PN material
The incumbent does not have any direct reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in retail management, design, or related field that includes visual presentation.
· Minimum of ten years of retail store display design, store design, fixture design and visual merchandising experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Specific experience with prop and fixture development required.
· Ability and flexibility to travel required.
· Familiarity with planograming and photography required.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in AutoCAD, knowledge of Adobe Suite, Sketch Up or similar programs preferred.
· Must have strong creative, communication, and instructional skills.
· Advanced analytical skills, organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
· Ability to think creatively and execute creative concepts into production.
· Strong communication and relationship-building skills required along with flexibility and adaptability to changing business strategies.
· Hybrid schedule with predictable onsite attendance required three or more days per week to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation, or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.
Analytical Thinking, Business Knowledge, Customer Service Orientation, Integrity, Personal Accountability, Teamwork and Cooperation