Visual Merchandising Manager
since our launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, kate spade new york has always stood for optimistic femininity. today, our brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—kate spade new york’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. under the vision of creative director nicola glass, we continue to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
kate spade new york is part of the tapestry house of brands.
About UsFounded in 1993 with six sophisticated yet functional handbags, Kate Spade New York has grown into a global lifestyle brand of bags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, shoes, gifts and beyond, each thoughtfully designed for individual discovery. Today, the brand’s optimistic, feminine approach to the everyday encourages personal style and is a celebration of women who are confident with a youthful spirit. Modern, covetable design, unexpected color combinations, graphic prints and polished ease are the hallmarks of the brand.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry, Inc. house of brands.
Client & Service ExpertEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Store Manager to develop business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or attract a new customer to the store.
- Communicate and achieve store productivity targets including sales per hour, adt, upt, and capture rate.
- Ensure all associates complete the sales training program and develops strong product knowledge across all categories.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Achievement of personal sales goals.
- Educate team on sales plans, personal sales goals, store stats and drives team to achieve them.
- Ensure the highest level of service is provided to all customers through extensive product knowledge and the completion of product profiles.
- Foster a team environment by creating a fun, competitive, inviting atmosphere.
- Understand and communicate the kate spade new york brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and customer.
- Ensure brand and operating standards are met to support brand consistency.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility.
- Accurately processes all POS transactions and inventory functions such as transfers, receiving, fedex shipments, repairs and damages to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Adherence to Kate Spade loss prevention policies and operational procedures.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in luxury goods or a comparable retail environment
- College degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proactive ability to multi task and prioritize
- Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
kate spade new york is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. all employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. these decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. visit kate spade new york at www.katespade.com.