Visual Merchandising Manager - David Jones Kotara
Since 1838, David Jones' limitless quest for innovation and progress established us as Australia's original influencer in fashion & lifestyle. Today, our vision and purpose to continue this legacy is to be the destination that inspires, with experiences and services Like No Other.
Our current parent company, Woolworths Holdings Limited (JSE:WHL) have entered into a binding agreement for Anchorage Capital Partners to acquire David Jones, bringing our business back into Australian ownership and securing the next chapter of our growth journey.
Anchorage is one of Australia's leading and most highly experienced private equity firms, who will leverage their deep industry expertise, hands-on approach with management, and continued investment to drive key initiatives to grow the David Jones business and deliver sustainable future performance.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Located in our Kotara store
Permanent Full-Time opportunities, 38 hours per week
Monday to Friday roster
Job descriptionAbout the Role
Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will lead a team of Visual Merchandising Assistants that will be responsible for bringing our merchandise to life and creating an in-store experience like no other.
- Work collaboratively with your team to bring the brand direction to life, whilst also delivering on our world-class standards
- Work closely with the greater team to ensure we are the first destination for style
- Plan and implement eye-catching displays in line with best practice visual merchandising
- Work with your team as you understand and build individual capability
- Regularly walk the floor to spot opportunities to further develop our visual impact
- Develop, plan and provide resources for promotional activity and special events
- Manage the budget for the purchase of visual merchandising requirements
ProfileJoin us if you
- Have a natural flair for Visual Merchandising in a retail environment
- Are creative and have a keen eye for detail
- Lead by example and show personal resilience
- Are a brand guru & results-focused
- Are hands-on and thrive on teamwork and collaboration
- Are realistic, practical and solution-focused
- Are adaptable and enjoy being active and working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Hold a Visual Merchandising Diploma/Certificate or similar qualification