Visual Merchandising Manager
The retail Communication and Interior Design function inspires visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA home furnishings range with strong visual impressions that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Visual Merchandising Manager leads, develops and inspires a team of Interior Design coworkers to create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishings solutions for our customers.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT: Your tasks will include:
- Manage a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store.
- Lead a team of Visual Merchandising/Activity Co-workers in creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet many individual tastes and exceed visitor's expectations.
- Responsible for gathering and translating knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market into relevant and inspiring range presentation solutions that support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Actively support the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability. Execute agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Ensure that Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers base their work on the layout as a commercial tool and execute range presentation solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency by applying national directions and using global tools and best practices.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE: knowledge, skills and experience include:
- At least 3 years experience working as a visual merchandiser.
- Experience working with visual merchandising in a retail environment.
- Possess a visual merchandising education/background including experience with drafting tools such as Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Experience managing a creative team / visual merchandising team
- Proven success in leading creative processes and inspiring and coaching people.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment.
In our team we take pride in seeing everyone around us grow and develop, and we encourage people to experiment, test, try - and sometimes fail. As long as they learn along the way! We know that everything is changing more rapidly today and that we sometimes need to lead in the unknown. So we throw ourselves out there to explore new possibilities and ways of doing things to make both our people and our business prosper.