Visual Merchandising Manager, NYC
The NYC Visual Merchandising Manager is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the Prada Corporate visual display standards in all Prada Boutiques and Concessions within the New York City region. As a Prada Visual Merchandising Manager, you will be an ambassador for the Prada Brand. It is essential that the Visual Merchandising manager can support the business strategy, the main objective should be to increase sales while respecting the brand image and enhancing the client experience.
- Manage, direct and implement the execution of window design and internal store merchandising as per headquarters’ guidelines in partnership with the VP of Visual Merchandising and North America Guideline team.
- Share regular qualitative feedback and photo reports, after each display rotation, with the New York and Milan HQ office for all NYC region locations.
- Provide input and feedback to VP of Visual Merchandising and North America Guideline team regarding market trends in the region.
- Conceptualize new and innovative ideas for each store typology – Prada Boutiques and store corners while always maintaining the Group ideology and Prada vision.
- Manage, direct and develop the NYC region’s Visual Merchandising team
- Schedule the NYC's monthly and weekly visual operations taking into consideration but not limited to; daily visual tasks, product launches, new arrivals, pop ups and special projects.
- Manage, co-ordinate and implement visual aspects of all Pop up and Pop in display concepts, retail and image events and any special projects within the NYC region in an organized and timely manner.
- Responsible for smooth coordination and implementation of floor moves, pop ups and special projects through partnering with all Prada departments including retail, retail merchandising, technical and logistics.
- Monitor displays to ensure they are according to Prada standards and direction in all stores in the assigned region, in collaboration with Retail Merchandising. This includes frequent and punctual checks of display photo reports from the local Visual Team.
- Seek regular feedback from NYC stores in order to plan, prepare and implement additional display rotations in order to facilitate positive sales results outside of regular store visits. This should be based on the business and market needs.
- Communicate information to Store Managers and/or Store Visual personnel to ensure store teams are empowered to own their own business.
- Partner closely with store management to coach and train store staff on visual standards, display maintenance, guidelines and product launches within the NYC region’s store locations.
- Collaborate with the Retail Engineering Department, providing feedback on the interior condition of stores, windows, display cases and tools.
- Manage the re-ordering of props and visual merchandising tools where necessary
- Other related Visual management projects as requested by the Company
- Bachelors Degree
- 6-8 years of Visual Merchandising experience
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to travel 5x a week
- Flexibility in schedule and working hours
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, multi-tasking and prioritizing capabilities
- Follow company policy and procedures
- Travel to New York City & Milan