Visual Merchandising Manager - US
APP Groupis the Montreal-based parent company of Mackage and SOIA & KYO brands with offices currently in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Miami, Shanghai, Munich and Paris.
Specialists in all-season protection since 1999, Mackage merges the finest, most responsible leathers, down and wools with luxury-forward design, an approach that yields uncompromising construction, enveloping comfort and signature silhouettes.
A global outerwear leader defined by a commitment to exceptional quality, purpose, and performance with a focus on aesthetic innovation.
In this document, the use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text.
TheManager, Visual Merchandising - US, will be responsible for supporting the implementation of compellingRetail and Wholesaleenvironments. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative atmosphere where you will interact with cross-functional partners to ensure that Mackage's visual merchandising standards are continuously elevating the in-store consumer experience. The position reports to the Senior Director, Visual Merchandising with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President of Global Sales.
What you’ll do
- Lead the planning and execution of theConsumer Brand Experiencefor all Mackage’s Retail and Wholesale channels; meanwhile, ensuring alinement with concept design and the buying & merchandising focuses on a seasonal basis.
- Retail store openings
- Soft shop installations
- Pop up installations
- Support the dissemination of all corporate material via training tools, calls, workshops and seasonal activities.
- Support the implementation and adaptation of collection launches while strengthening brand recognition and growing market share in both Retail and Wholesale channels.
- Partner with Operations to create value for all Visual Tools and the execution of VM standards in stores.
- Build relationships with wholesale accounts to create value for all Visual Tools and the execution of VM standards in soft shops.
- Lead the training and development of in store and soft shop teams to disseminate VM standards and skill sets.
- Provide visual merchandising support for seasonal showrooms installations, pop up activations, corporate functions and special events.
- Support seasonal trend hunting and inspiration research.
- Be an ambassador of the Mackage VM philosophy.
- Support the development and rollout of new visual programs and enhancements.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
- A minimum of 3-4 years of visual merchandising experience with a fashion related brand working in a field visual merchandising role.
- Experience working with lifestyle ready-to-wear and outerwear categories.
- Established wholesale VM and Department Manager relationships at premier department stores (i.e. Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, etc.)
- Passion for visual merchandising and fashion.
- Facilitating training experience.
- Strong aesthetic and visual design/styling experience.
- Experience working with a luxury or fashion brand, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
Skills and competencies:
- Exceptional styling skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to interface with a diverse group.
- Strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business.
- Ability to take direction, multi-task and manage shifting priorities.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office (Power Point & Excel).
We want to get to know you