Visual Merchandising Manager - West County Center
AKIRA Visual Merchandising Manager
In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other accessible high fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is to Act and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
West County Center
As a visual manager, you are responsible for taking care of all visual and operational duties in the store. Depending on the size of the store you will be running a team of anywhere from 4 people - 20 people at any given time. This role is both creative and analytical - the true magic behind a visual and ops role is you are not only the beauty but the brains. You can look at reports, create compelling mannequin looks, color stories, and visual displays that not only look good but sell. Understanding and analyzing data and selling reports is key - knowing when to take action through merchandising is fundamental.
- Independently prioritize in-store merchandising tasks each day by assessing aesthetic needs and analyzing and incorporating weekly selling data
- Effectively execute all in-store merchandising tasks according to company guidelines, including but not limited to: floor layout adjustments, floor moves, rack merchandising, table displays, wall displays, accessory displays, sales floor and window mannequin styling, promotional displays, etc.
- Communicate regularly with store management staff to ensure merchandising is meeting the needs of business and aiding in sales
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure standards are being kept up throughout the store and teach and participate in all tasks. Complete various cleaning tasks when changing displays (waxing racks, dusting tables, adjusting lighting after floor moves, etc.)
- Complete daily and weekly visual and operations evaluations. Summarizing the merchandising tasks and looking forward to what's next to drive the business forward
- Elevate the customer experience not only through the store environment visually but also by supporting sales. Ensure customers are being delivered the AKIRA styling experience by connecting customers to stylists and supporting in running the floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms to minimize wait times and get them in and out with a smile on their face
- Support Leadership team by participating in all functions of the business including talent - recruitment & performance management
- Knowledgeable about fashion and trends
- Efficient and quick pace when working both independently and as part of a team
- Capable of lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Willingness to work early in the early morning and/or some late nights
- Eagerness to work in a fun environment
- Strong organizational, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores
Job Type: Full Time
At AKIRA we believe that treating everyone in a first-class manner is essential to fostering an inclusive environment that reflects our values and our community. This is deeply rooted in our company's principles, culture, and fashion. We continuously strive to cultivate a company where employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. Our unique workforce is directly linked to our success and makes us stronger collectively.