Visual Merchandising & Photography Manager
Interface, Inc. is a global flooring company specializing in carbon neutral carpet tile and resilient flooring, including luxury vinyl tile (LVT) and nora® rubber flooring. We help our customers create high-performance interior spaces that support well-being, productivity, and creativity, as well as the sustainability of the planet. Our mission, Climate Take Back™, invites you to join us as we commit to operating in a way that is restorative to the planet and creates a climate fit for life.
Interface is looking for a Manager of Visual Merchandising & Photography to support across our Interface and FLOR brands by creating innovative visual selling environments that are unique, inspiring, and customer centric for both residential and commercial consumers. The Manager of Visual Merchandising & Photography is a key contributor both the FLOR and Interface brands creating and implementing product merchandising directives, overseeing all aspects of product photography, and built space standards to achieve company’s goals pertaining to brand image, product presentation, and product sell through.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Textiles Sciences, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in interior design/architecture/visual merchandising or related field required
- Critical thinker with a keen eye for aesthetics, design-standards, and trends in residential interiors
- Commercial design expertise including corporate office, education, healthcare, industry, and aviation is a plus
- Experience on photoshoots, production, and 3D rendering/generative AI is a plus
- Experience in B2C and B2B marketing and merchandising
- Experience using an ecommerce platform to digitally merchandise products i.e., cropping images, Page Designer, and PLP/PDP product ranking
- Ability to employ analytics into catalog build and website merchandising i.e., pagination, layouts, and product selection
- Experience in building direct mail catalogs, shelter publications, or related print pieces
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration with cross functional teams and external partners
- Knowledge of flooring products and sustainable design materials is a plus
- Extreme attention to detail, conscientious worker
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects, self-manage schedule/deliverables, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with team-based work structure and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated flexibility on the job; ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies
- Experience in color management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, working knowledge of project management software, Adobe Creative Suite required, SketchUp, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a plus
- NCIDQ certification and trade affiliations i.e., IIDA, ASID is a plus
- Lead strategic and conceptual development of Interface and FLOR merchandising/marketing materials i.e., catalogs, viewbooks, sample books, look books/brochures, FLOR.com, and Interface.com
- Collect and analyze data to inform visual merchandising spanning but not limited to product selection, catalog wireframe and pagination, and website merchandising
- Develop pre-photoshoot viewbook/catalog wireframes, pagination, and floor design to present to internal creative and marketing teams
- Support the merchandising shoot process via pre-spread concepts, sample acquisition, prop and furniture identification, creative direction, production, and overall shoot oversight
- Provide on location styling and propping for residential interiors
- Support the FLOR product development process with design partners
- Provide strategy and product selection in showrooms, tradeshows, digital and print collateral to maximize sales, including utilization of key analytics
- Trend forecasting and creating merchandising stories to integrate into product development briefs and styling directives used for photography, tradeshows, etc.
- Manage agency partners, photographers’ relations, metadata, and color house
- Oversee photoshoot and creative budgets. Ordering product for photoshoots and overseeing associated logistics
- Collaborate with internal and external partners i.e., graphic design team, agencies, contractors
- Partnership with digital team on e-commerce, branded content, campaigns, strategy, and continual suggestions on enhancements that contribute to sales
- Management of FLORbuilder design tool on FLOR.com
- Ownership of direct trade shoes and event coordination i.e., NeoCon, Modernism Week
- Office environment minimum 3 days per week. 25% travel. Infrequent weekend work required on photoshoot locations which only permit weekend production access.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We desire priority referrals of Protected Veterans for job openings at all locations within the State of Georgia. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.