Visual Merchandising Project Coordinator
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job Description
The Visual Merchandising Project Coordinator will work as part of the Point of Purchase (POP) Development & Production Team to assist in development of semi-permanent displays that help drive sales of SKECHERS footwear & apparel in all global markets. Coordinate project tasks and communications with internal teams as well as vendor partners and SKECHERS China team to produce displays that support the SKECHERS global brand. Collaborate with Domestic Sales, International Visual Merchandising, Footwear & Apparel Product Development, Retail Visual and Graphics teams to understand how best to support Key Initiatives and ensure consistent brand messaging across all in-store marketing and displays.Essential Job Results
- Collaborate with POP Development & Production Team to develop new and innovative display ideas, via market research and creative brainstorming.
- Take ownership of development & production of select POP projects, with ability to meet target pricing, quality, and delivery timelines. Help in passing and saving of all project files internally and with production vendors.
- Assist in creating and setting up new styles in all systems and transfer final art/production files to the VM Library folders, as it pertains to select owned POP development projects
- Ensure vendors are aware and compliant with all special packout, packaging and labeling requirements for display items shipping to global Distribution Centers.
- Manage production of all Monthly Re-Order items of existing POP styles by working with outside vendors or SKECHERS China team to gather quotes and confirm production lead times.
- On behalf of the POP Development & Production Team as a whole:
- Handle shipping and receiving of all display samples from all production vendors.
- Work with in-house photography team to photograph all approved display samples.
- Maintain image files in Key Initiative and Visual Merchandising Library Folders.
- Run product booking reports for Key Initiatives and all new projects.
- Maintain project management Work in Progress (WIP) list.
- Assist in the planning and coordination for Special Events, Global Conferences, Trade Shows & Sales Meetings. Placing orders, coordinating deliveries, assist in event set up and breakdown, etc.
- Test display samples at Retail Stores (local)
- Maintain VM Showroom and inventory in POP storage areas, provide updated inventory reports on a regular basis. Pick up and drop off at off-site storage facility (local)
- Attend meetings at various SKECHERS buildings (local)
- Attend Sales Conference (local)
- Must have experience in vendor sourcing, display production and/or a project coordination background.
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (expanding columns, v-lookups, pivot tables, sorting, filtering, etc.)
- Must have experience working in Outlook, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, with strong diligence to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Self-starter with an elevated level of initiative, a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationship among all cross-functional groups.
- Ability to speak and present ideas in front of a group.
- Must display a high degree of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years of experience in vendor sourcing, display production and/or project coordination/planning
- A BA or AA in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Footwear or apparel industry experience is preferred.
- Favorable skill to speak two or more languages. (English & Spanish)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary range for this position is $64,480-$75,000/year.