Visual Merchandising Team Lead
About the Role
The Visual Manager will support the management team in achieving goals by providing World-Class service. Serve as a role model for building relationships with customers. Maintain presence through store supervision to ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of the store. Perform operational functions to ensure the store meets Company guidelines. Implement visual changes and maintain store standards.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Provide exceptional customer service in the store to achieve World Class Service standards
- Serve as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the priority
- Reinforce customer service principles by coaching staff on their successes and challenges
- Utilize GUEST and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals
- Contribute in management and store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, sales opportunities, and organizational improvements
- Effectively perform operations functions: opens and closes the store, register, and back office management procedures
- Maintain visual standards, including merchandise presentation, signage, lighting, and general maintenance
- Monitor Inventory levels and communicate discrepancies to Assistant or General Manager
- Assume additional management responsibilities in the absence of Assistant or General Manager
- Perform projects and assignments as directed by the Assistant or General Manager.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because...
- 1-3 years retail sales experience with management experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience in home related design or visual merchandising preferred. Specialty retail preferred
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills
- Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work a minimum of three shifts per week, minimum of three Saturdays per month and two Sundays per month, annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December)
- College degree preferred or equivalent job experience
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Location specific sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- San Francisco based bike share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored community involvement
- Various discounts on local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Page Search Jobs - Williams-Sonoma Careers loaded