Visual Special Projects Merchandiser
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world's most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic-Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
Job DescriptionRole Mission
The Special Visual Projects Merchandiser will be responsible for executing the visual directives as defined from the corporate office or the Special Projects Visual Manager for all special projects in North America. This role supports the in-store and showroom animation efforts such as selling events, collection previews, pop ups, product launches, adhoc windows and press events. This covers directly operated stores (DOS), wholesale channels and corporate showrooms to improve client loyalty and increase market share.
- Follow all visual directives when executing store set-ups, adapting and/or substituting in a brand appropriate manner when necessary to make visual merchandising suitable to regional needs;
- Provide PowerPoint recaps from all store visits and completed projects to be shared with worldwide company headquarters in Italy;
- Support the planning and opening set-up for new concept stores and renovated locations across DOS and wholesale;
- Implement and ensure visual displays merchandising integrity leading up to, and during an event or project's duration;
- Ongoing training of store associates in visual merchandising standards;
- Ongoing collaboration with Merchandising, Marketing, Special Events and Retail Operations to understand seasonal strategies;
- Remain aware of the competitive landscape in terms of visual approach to events and projects;
- Partner with District and Store Managers to effectively support current business trends with visual needs as they arise.
- Minimum 3 years' professional experience in Visual Merchandising;
- Project coordination experience preferred;
- Multi store experience preferred but not required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Sees the big picture and understands how own actions and decisions impact others and the organization as a whole
- Actively scans the environment for new approaches, blending different ideas to come with creative yet effective solutions
- Actively gets things done, raising the bar for performance and taking accountability for own actions
- Driven by the sense of urgency, promotes change and takes smart risks in pursuit of goals
- Builds trust-based relationships across boundaries and encourages collaboration
- Adapts own style to communicate impactfully
- Empowers others by providing autonomy and encouraging self-expression, valuing and amplifying each person's uniqueness
- Is self-aware, curious to learn and seeks feedback from others to continuously grow, always putting improvement over comfort
- Provides constructive and on-going feedback, coaches and helps others to achieve their full potential
- Qualified candidates must have the proper work authorization to work in the United States
Note for New York City based roles: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Gucci America Inc.