Visual Stylist - Temp to Perm
Reporting to the Visual Director, Create and Maintain our brand standards and corporate visual guidelines to maintain brand integrity. A creative individual who can plan, create and execute styling based on overall business strategy. Has a strong sense of understanding current trends and knowing how to apply them to our brand. Supports cross functionally as well as monthly window styling guidelines and store support.
*Create and execute All store styling guidelines based on Global guidelines
*Maintain our sample room weekly with new arrivals and overall presentation keeping it clean and organized
* Monthly competitive research
*Support with prop sourcing and purchasing
* Assist Public Relations Department with special PR projects such as seasonal Press previews for US – 2 times a
year. Preparation and execution and styling for Live Station shoots 2 x month
* Assist the Marketing Department in marketing related activities – In-store events and setups. Preparation and execution.
* Create monthly company styling guidelines
* Create monthly Window styling Monthly VMD manual styling with a focus on campaign/core items.
* Support Monthly VMD styling school training for store
* Weekly display news to be shared to all stores with specific styling guidelines.
* New store opening support for styling
* Store campaign setup in our NYC Flagship stores – Monthly
* Partner with Global teams to create, prepare for and implement seasonal merchandising presentations and manage new visual merchandising initiatives.
* Provide product and brand knowledge to employees and customers.
* Exemplify and enforce company policy and procedure.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Adobe Creative Suite (focus on Photoshop/Illustrator), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (focus on Excel)
* Proven visual merchandising ability within a high volume vertical retailer
* Create visual window displays and concepts, manage priorities and execute initiatives
* Attention to detail
* Strong time management and organizational skills, fast paced and meeting deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Understand, interpret, and delegate based on HQ visual merchandising direction
* Offer solutions to store specific visual and merchandising challenges using brand standards and HQ direction as a guideline
* Ability to identify potential Visual Merchandising opportunities and provide creative solutions
* Proven ability to create teams and partnerships
* Ability to train and develop a team
* Leads by example and is hands on
* Positive and professional attitude, is flexible and adaptable
* Ability to prioritize tasks and react to changing priorities
* Ability to effectively communicate with corporate and store personnel
*Has a creative flair and the ability to conceptualize as well as an understanding of current and future trends
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, read computer terminals, push, pull or move objects of at least 25 pounds
* Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom by repetitive bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing* Sample room maintenance by lifting, unpacking, packing and reorganizing
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs, including evenings and weekends
* Overnights will be necessary in this position.
* Relocation may be required based on business needs
* 3 – 4 years retail visual merchandising or Styling experience
* BFA and or Associates Degree in fashion design
* BA in visual/fashion design, exhibition design, or similar relevant field
Salary: $30-40/hour *
*The offered salary or salary range is based on several factors, including, but not limited to, overall experience, relevant experience, education level, certifications, applicable skills and expertise, and location of the position.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, UNIQLO USA does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.