VP of Women’s Design
The VP of Women’s Design will report to the GMM and will partner closely with merchandising and the Chief Creative Officer / Founder. The individual in this role will be responsible for leading and managing the women’s design team from creative concept through marketing execution; overseeing the development of the seasonal concepts and facilitating the design process to ensure the team delivers against the creative vision and key deliverables. Focusing on workflow, communication, team development and project management.
What you’ll do:In partnership with the GMM & Chief Creative Officer:
Brand Vision and Directives
- Define the creative vision and conceptual development/style of the Women’s line which will delight the customer and drive the growth of our overall business.
- Ensure that all designs adhere to the brand image and overall brand identity.
- Set and drive the brand’s seasonal direction.
- Ensure that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interpreting domestic/international concepts and fashion trends as they relate to demands in the market, the brand image, and the business strategy.
- Provide vision and direction for relevant third-party brands and collaborations that complete the outfit and lifestyle for the Faherty women's customer.
- Prepare presentation materials for line previews and buy meetings.
- Present design direction to the divisions and Senior Executives.
- Develop and implement a process which ensures effectiveness and productivity.
- Direct all phases of the creative process from concept through design production including market research, mood board creation, designing, and sketching.
- Provide strong direction and leadership to the Women’s design team.
- Train, motivate and evaluate the team and continue to provide top quality designs and product.
- Manage Designers throughout the sampling process.
- Create and maintain strong, positive relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Partner with the Merchandising and Product Development teams to determine a strategic direction of the line that will help develop the business further.
- Work closely with the Men’s Design team leveraging concepts and a cohesive mood across categories.
- Partner with Marketing for how the product ultimately shows up to the customer (mood, styling, etc.)
- BA/BS/BFA Degree required.
- Must have Contemporary Apparel experience in all categories.
- Must be a talented designer with at least 15 years of Women’s ready to wear/lifestyle experience and at least 8 years in a managerial/senior-level capacity.
- Must have a deep understanding of the US market trends and customer demands in both retail and wholesale.
- Must have experience working in a Global Brand.
- Strong understanding of the Contemporary Market, Faherty brand and our female customer.
- Must be focused on results.
- Clear understanding of developing and implementing process and P2M calendar.
- Must have a balance between creativity and strategic mindset.
- Strong management skills with an understanding of end-to-end design process.
- Ability to lead, grow, and develop designers at all levels.
- Experience developing a brand identity as it relates to ready to wear.
- Understanding and knowledge of fabrics, sketch potential and color potential.
- Strong conceptual creative ability.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Must be driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to multi-task and create multiple lines at once.
- Clear communication skills.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and MS Office.
- Medical, dental, vision, and ancillary benefits available
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Monthly Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Quarterly Merchandise Allowance
- Bonus Program
- Commuter Options/Benefits
- The health and safety of you and your Faherty Brand teammates is important to us! Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office. **
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we are dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we are committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely, and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.