White Label Fabric + Trim Manager (Development + Production)
New York, NY, USAPosted 1 month ago
- Work closely with design and merchandising to define and develop seasonal fabric direction.
- Initiate all seasonal fabric, leather + trim R&D with suppliers and present selection to design with pertinent information, including technicalities, potential concerns for bulk feasibility, minimums, and pricing.
- Manage daily communication with material suppliers, build T&A and strategize solutions in anticipation of future problems.
- Responsible for ensuring prices of materials are workable within the margin requirements and spearhead counter development when necessary.
- Establish and enforce deadlines for all material-related decisions in conjunction with the season’s calendar; including management of the print/artwork process.
- Manage color + print approval process from lab dip through to bulk stages.
- Responsible for gathering technical sheets for all materials, carefully analyze all details and voice concerns about anticipated problems.
- Manage seasonal development budget for fabric and trims and report bi-weekly.
- Work closely with PD + Merchandising for strategic fabric buys.
- Responsible for negotiating prices, minimums, surcharges, etc. with suppliers from development through bulk stages.
- Work with suppliers to improve material timelines and push for better deliveries.
- Responsible for managing and reporting on all fabric/trim liability and propose opportunities to include in seasonal and exclusive collections.
- Manage and maintain fabric, leather and trim libraries, including liability binders.
- Responsible for sourcing and purchasing all local “last minute” fabrics, leathers and trims, during styling week, while simultaneously looking for valid production options.
- Attend material exhibitions domestically and overseas to meet with suppliers and source for future seasons, as well as understand the current market and discover new potential suppliers.
- Actively research sustainability practices to integrate within development and production.
- Responsible for ensuring all materials follow global compliancy needs; GB testing + Cotton Documents, certificates for sustainable practices when applicable etc. Stay up to date through Logistics and Sales Team on any requirements specified by clients.
- Frequently visit retailers offering Proenza Schouler competitors to understand the current market and trends in materials.
- Manage bulk care label approval process for woven + cut and sew production.
- Create fabric/yarn codes, color names, NRF codes and enters/maintains all material information in ERP System (RLM) for fabrics, trims and yarns; following BOM deadlines.
- Responsible for bulk inventory management of labeling and packaging.
- Manage in house inventory of seasonal fabric + trims.
- Miscellaneous market prep in collaboration with PD team.
- 6-10 years of experience in fabric + trim sourcing.
- Keeps up to date with global compliancy issues.
- Highly organized with strong leadership skills.
- Works well independently.
- Experience at high end brand is a plus.
- Strong systems skills; RLM/PLM, Excel.