Women's Apparel CAD Designer
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
The Women's Apparel CAD Designer is responsible for creatively developing print and pattern designs, leading the development of own brand artwork for all apparel and accessories. The Apparel CAD Designer has ownership of print/pattern research and development. Categories include: Women’s/Junior’s activewear, sleepwear, swimwear and outerwear.
**Position follows hybrid schedule: Monday-Wednesday in office, Thursday-Friday remote.**
**Please provide portfolio with application**
What You'll Be Doing
- Create the artistic translation of the company’s brand strategy into Own Brand textile print and pattern.
- Work with Design & Product Development to understand seasonal pattern work needs, review all pattern strike-offs and handlooms.
- Design seasonal print and pattern work for line development which includes prints, yarn dyes, logos, appliqués, graphics, and embroidery.
- Aid in the creation of Style CADs for assortment presentation purposes.
- Format all artwork development for transmission in Tech Packs.
- Utilize team resources (internal and external) to effectively execute processes.
- Update and maintain in house print/pattern library.
- Establish and monitor the CAD process and calendar to ensure project deadlines.
- Update and maintain technology, software and equipment needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent retail experience.
- Experience in CAD design with emphasis in Textiles & Apparel required.
- Minimum 3-5 years apparel textile design and placement graphic experience required.
- Expertise in design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, U4ia.
- Knowledge and understanding of branding.
- Strong management, communicative, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the apparel retail industry.
- Understanding of specific merchandising lines and core customer behavior.
- Office computer skills; ability to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience.