Women’s Apparel Designer
Join Carbon2Cobalt for an exciting opportunity to work with a growing and successful e-commerce company focusing on developing talent. Carbon2Cobalt offers excellent benefits, competitive pay, and a work-life balance culture.
Carbon2Cobalt is seeking a talented and experienced women's apparel designer to join and support their apparel design/merchandise team. This is an excellent chance for a designer with proven experience designing women's apparel to collaborate with seasoned merchants and take the catalog division of Women's apparel to the next level.
Who We Are: Carbon2Cobalt offers a collection for men and women designed with special attention to the details. For the individualist — C2C encourages you to feel great in your own element — with a combination of purchased and internally developed clothing and accessories that can’t be found anywhere else.
This position is responsible for collaborating with c2c Merchants and the Design Director to flesh out presented concepts and prepare handover to the Product Development (PD) team. Understanding garment specs and how they influence fit is a critical component. A creative, big-picture thinker with a flexible, collaborative mindset will thrive in this role.
This position will report directly to the Design Director.
- Forge critical partnerships with c2c Merchants to create a growth strategy for the Women’s Apparel division by proposing apparel concepts that mesh with the brand vision and drive revenue.
- Review internal sales data with c2c Merchants to flesh out an impactful vision of the c2c woman and anticipate her apparel needs.
- Creating the initial sketch and design brief with fabrication and styling prompts from c2c merchants.
- Careful evaluation of each design concept with an eye for best-suited and available fabrics and materials within the given budget and MOQ.
- Creating sketches and other visual material needed to demonstrate design intent.
- Communication with nominated vendors to gather or develop materials needed for each style.
- Communication of overall vision into a sketch and Design Brief spreadsheet.
- Collaboration with PD staff on initial specs.
- Partnership with Merchant and PD staff to order, evaluate, fit, and comment upon incoming prototypes.
- Daily email communication with domestic and offshore vendors.
- Oversee and attend all Women’s fittings.
- Attend meetings and support the Designers/Merch team as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Preferred.
- Experience: 3 years of experience working in Women’s Apparel Design. Special consideration will be given to any candidate that has spent time as a Junior or Associate Designer.
- Garment Knowledge: Knowledge of best practices in factory garment construction for cut/ sew and sweater knit categories.
- Software: Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel. Experience using Adobe Photoshop, In Design and Apparel PLM systems a plus.
· Strong team player, contributing to a positive working environment; exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
· Flexibility to work 8am-5pm PST, M-F, with additional availability to accommodate deadlines/time zone differences; occasional travel as needed for business.
· Ability to lift, bend, and move items up to 30 lbs in weight, sit for extended periods, operate a computer, and communicate effectively. The company may revise job functions at any time; Carbon2Cobalt is an “at-will” employer.
Compensation is based on a variety of factors, candidate experience, qualifications, location as well as market and business considerations. Pay Range: $85,000 -$100,000.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. We comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. We encourage diversity and inclusion in our workplace and are committed to creating a safe and respectful environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Women's Apparel Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Garment Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Santa Barbara, CA: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person