Women's Apparel Designer
Rhythm is a wholesale surf & lifestyle apparel company specializing in premium products. This is a great opportunity for a career in an exciting lifestyle industry; we are a looking for a dynamic candidate to join our team.
Due to Rhythm’s continued growth a new additional full-time position for an Women’s Apparel Designer has been created and will be based out of the head office in Irvine California.
The Women’s Designer is responsible for the hands-on design and development of product ranges within the Women’s Brand with a design focus on Northern Hemisphere requirements.
More information on Rhythm can be found at:
• Web - http://www.rhythmlivin.com
• Insta – Rhythm
• Insta – Rhythmswimwear
Summary of Purpose -
• To work with Women’s design team and USA Director of Sales to design and develop product ranges with key design focus on the Northern Hemisphere product categories. As well as contribute towards global core requirements.
• To assist and support the global Women’s design team with any design Concepts/Capsules each season in partnership with the design team.
• To assist and support Global Women’s Design team with accessory design and development.
• Northern Hemisphere market research competitive shopping, internet research, new trend research with a passion for USA contemporary lifestyle brands.
• Work with global product developer on the design development to ensure the final product meets GP requirements. Close collaboration with global design team for design, colour, cost, market adoption and post market adds/drops. Close partnership with global design team making sure all Tech Packs are accurate.
• Communicate and collaborate with cross functional partners. Design & Present seasonal concept cads to senior management.
• Undertake market research and analysis using feedback from sales/key accounts, competitor analysis, shopping: in-store & online, magazines etc.
• Undertake start of season brain storm meetings to assist in establishing concepts for colour, fabric, prints, shapes/styles and the overall theme for collections with the global design team.
• Conceptualize and create appropriate ranges following the confirmed direction for the season, to ensure growth of the Women’s division and working to design deadlines as required by Brand Management.
• Executing the design of product as required at the direction of Brand Management (price points & ensuring best use of colour, fabrics, trim). These products include but are not limited to Men’s, Ladies, Boys and Accessory design.
• Ensuring that all facets of design are completed on time and in accordance with company direction.
• Understanding and adhering to company design timeline at all times, covering broad areas such as (but not limited to) design concept, proto typing, salesman samples and bulk production.
• Design and develop new trim packaging as required.
• Complete spec sheets - high attention to detail and accuracy of specs sheets to minimize sample/production problems.
• Ensure timely handover of style specifications.
• Assist in studio and campaign shoots as required by brand manager.
• Support the marketing and sales team as required.
• Assisting as required on any catalogue related tasks.
• Building a strong working relationship with our international design and development team.
Job Specifications - Training, Experience, Education, Skills, and Abilities:
• A minimum of two years of experience in the Women’s design industry preferably in contemporary surf, fashion or lifestyle industry; having experience in Ladies Apparel design and Accessory design will be add to the candidate’s suitability.
• Experience in swimwear design will be advantageous for the role.
• Strong understanding of design process across all categories (including accessories).
• Strong flat sketching skills. Good design and colour sense. Ability to think three-dimensionally.
• The ability to conceptualize and create comprehensive decks.
• Strong understanding of product development, product construction, technical design, textile science, and printing.
• Strong Adobe Creative Suite knowledge Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Strong oral and written communication skills at all levels.
Please submit resume and portfolio link through Malakye.