Women’s Associate Apparel Designer
Born in Los Angeles but bred with a global perspective, G/FORE was conceptualized with a passion for modern design combined with a love of golf. Distinguished by our attention to detail, sophisticated ease, playful nature, youthful energy, and sense of humor. We consistently strive to make a powerful and colourful impact on our favourite game. We take inspiration from art, architecture, modern design, and colourful narratives. Our intent is to disrupt the industry without being disrespectful to the sport and its rich traditions.
G/FORE is seeking a detail oriented and creative women’s associate designer to join our Design Team in LA! This is an exciting opportunity to work with a passionate team leading the Golf/Active industry.
- Creating technical sketches with construction call outs
- Assists in initial TP set up and maintenance
- Making print pitch sheets with color and print technique call outs
- Assist in coordinating and completing special assignments and projects as required
- Collaborate with various staff including Design Management in creating boards, color cards/decks as needed
- Assists Design Team and Management in miscellaneous tasks such as filling, organizing, scanning and photocopying if and when needed
- Lab dip/ submit review
- Vendor communication
- Attend fittings and partner with technical team on garment fits & adjustments
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, make decisions while working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, independent worker with effective time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Terrific organizational skills and detail oriented
- Affinity and passion for the brand/ category
- People-oriented enjoys interacting with colleagues
- Extensive knowledge of woven and knit garment construction
- Excellent color acuity
- Outstanding communication skills to effectively collaborate with design, product development, production, and global vendors
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design / Digital Art
- 2+ years of experience preferred in related field and/or strong internship experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of garment construction
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a very flexible/adaptable, a fast learner and can manage in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
At Peter Millar and G/FORE we created a close-knit culture that thrives on the power of our people. Everyone knows that their team has their back and are willing to jump in and help when needed. We take care of our people through great benefits such as health insurance & 401(k), clothing allowances, generous Paid time off and employee discounted access to products.
If you are applying for this position through indeed or another 3rd party, please know we do not ask for any personal financial or confidential information prior to interviews. If you are contacted and asked to do this, please report this to the posting site immediately.