Women's Contemporary Fashion Designer
Headquartered in Vernon, California, Lost + Wander is recognized as leading designer, distributor, and retailer and known for its feminine silhouettes paired with signature floral prints and ruffles. Lost + Wander offers trend driven design, craftsmanship and attention to detail at a compelling value to our customers. We are proud to be a multi-cultural team and values diversity and equal rights to all our employees and business partners. This company is female owned and led by a knowledgeable and passionate management team and only hard work, loyal and honest individuals will succeed here at Lost + Wander.
- Work with design team to create mood board and select fabric/trims into designs for upcoming seasons.
- Create CAD designs based on upcoming trends and mainstream designs for specific season.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications that include garment measurements, construction details, and trim/fabric information ensuring designs and trend is accurately translate into development samples and production.
- Research trends and bring in new ideas through competitive shopping, forecasting websites, and runway shows.
- Track development samples to ensure samples are received on time.
- Create cost sheets and product lists on Excel before the season launch.
- Assist in season photoshoots.
- Organize all design materials in the library.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Fashion Apparel Design
- Must have 3+ years of Fashion Design experience with Women's contemporary brand
- Must have strong design aesthetic, color sense, and conceptual skills
- Ability to create flat sketches by hand and in CADS
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- Basic garment construction knowledge required
- Comprehensive knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color/print usage, graphics, embellishment layouts, and trim required
- Flexibility to adapt well to a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment
BENEFITS + PERKS:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays for all employees
- Employee discount up to 60% off
- Competitive Salary offered
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Lost + Wander. Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered.
Lost +Wander is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vernon, CA 90058: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Garment construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location