Women's Dress Pattern Maker
Classy Fabulous Daydreams is a sustainable dress line, launching in Spring 2021. Our aesthetic is vintage-inspired with a focus on traditional, vintage construction elements and a fuller bust fit. We're looking for a talented and creative patternmaker with at least 3-5 years experience in better quality RTW woven dresses. This role requires extensive knowledge of contemporary fit and garment construction. Position is part-time and freelance at the moment but could lead to a full time position with the company. Great opportunity for growth with a small, start-up sustainable brand!
Job duties will include:
- Take designers sketch / specs to pattern using signature fit measurements
- Work closely with the designer to develop accurate sample & production standard patterns.
- Work in designer’s atelier drafting patterns, fitting samples, draping and sewing muslin fit samples
- Create pattern cards and production standard patterns
- Monitor garment/fabric shrinkage
- Must be able to work in designer’s atelier 15-20 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Time of day is flexible.
- Extensive pattern experience in contemporary RTW woven dresses
- Must have strong attention to detail, passion for fit, and knowledge of high-end garment construction.
Covid safety precautions are implemented.