Women's Fashion Apparel Assistant Designer
For over 40 years, Carlisle Etcetera has designed luxury women’s clothing for women with incredible taste. We craft our styles in timeless tweeds, luxuriant silks, intricate brocades, butter-soft leather, opulent cashmere and more. Thoughtful delivers wardrobe classics and statement styles alike. Our brands include the Carlisle Collection which offers sublime designs, luxurious fabrics and timeless tailoring that come together to create clothing synonymous with elegance. Per Se, offers modern, artistic, and whimsical casual luxury. Our Etcetera and E3 labels are the expression of individuality and style, combining clean silhouettes with an understated aesthetic to create easy, wearable clothes. Lastly our Carlisle Etcetera Green Line is sustainable from fabrics to the manufacturing and packaging.
Carlisle Etcetera is seeking a skilled and creative Assistant Designer who will support the design team across research, design, and development for RTW wovens and knits. The position is based in our NYC corporate office and reports to the Senior Designer.
Assistant Designer (ONSITE: MON-FRI)
- With guidance from the Senior Designer, assist through all stages of the design process.
- Participate in all relevant design meetings. With the rest of the design team, create mood boards and conduct research across materials, trims, embellishment, garment research, and colors in-line with seasonal inspiration.
- With guidance from Senior Designer be responsible for contributing to the design of part of the collection.
- Create accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups, knit layouts and embroidery design mockups through all stages
- Create and amend initial style numbers, tech packs, BOMS, and line sheets. Ensure design boards, and line sheets are maintained for all collections.
- Actively participate and take detailed notes during meetings and fittings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or Apparel
- Must be in LOCAL area
- 2+ years’ experience in a Fashion Design Assistant role
- Interest in fashion, awareness of trends and a good understanding of the Carlisle - Etcetera aesthetics
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Understanding of fabric, garment construction, pattern making and fit
- Strong drawing skills and excellent knowledge of computer software including Adobe Suite & Microsoft office (including Photoshop, Illustrator) and a PDM system. Experience in WFX is a plus.
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
Carlisle Etcetera is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10018: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Garment construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fashion design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location