Womens Fashion Designer
The Fashion Designer will work with the US President, UK Head of Design, Technical Designer, Fashion Director, and internal teams to develop and design seasonal collections based on market inspiration.
- Collaborate in designing women’s styles following seasonal creative direction.
- Design and sketch styles with offerings across categories and occasions.
- Aid Merchandising Team and Fashion Director during department introduction to new season.
- Understand collection direction, overview, and suggest missed opportunities.
- Attend development fittings with patternmakers and creative director to develop prototypes and final samples.
- Attend production fittings to maintain design’s intentions whilst troubleshooting any production issues.
- Conduct market research to determine trends, materials, silhouettes, and trim details to incorporate into production issues.
- Conduct market research to determine trends, materials, silhouettes, and trim details to incorporate into product lines.
- Evaluate collection standing sketch + refabricate to support seasonal objectives within line plan/SKU count.
- Collaborate with production team to negotiate pricing, assist the director to source new fabrics, trims, and maintain customer delivery dates.
- Work with factories to develop new items, source new products and vendors, and maintain factory relationships.
- Team Collaboration: Effectively working with team members is a prerequisite.
- Brand Understanding: Experience working within a brand environment and translating its essence into fashion is a key requirement.
- Technical Design Proficiency: 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in women's fashion design.
- Overseas Communication: Your ability to articulate technical needs effectively to overseas partners is vital in maintaining seamless collaboration.