Women's Footwear Designer
Welcome to the world of Sanuk. We’re an unconventional footwear brand on a mission to be the outfitter for the journey to your happy place. In 1997, we were founded with one simple goal: to make people smile...and pass it on. In the world of Sanuk, smiles are always wider…every step of the way to your happy place.
POSITION PURPOSE/SUMMARY STATEMENT:
• • • Sanuk is looking to contract a Womens Footwear Designer 1 for 25-30 hours a week starting immediately. • • •
• • • Hourly rate is $35-$37/hour and must be located in the LA area.• • •
We’re looking for a talented, self-motivated designer that either has some footwear design experience or has a strong graphic/apparel design background and is interested in learning footwear design. This position will start as contract with the possibly of converting to a full-time -employee.
• • This is a REMOTE position however you MUST live in the Los Angeles area• •
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrative knowledge of current consumer and market trends and the ability to interpret those trends into commercial product.
• Develop concepts, sketches, and product ideation for assigned categories against product briefs within the deadlines established.
• Create CADs tech packs and artwork for new designs to evaluate styling, color, & design combinations.
• Works closely with Sr. Designer, Product and Development to choose materials and design products within specific pricing goals.
• Schedules meetings with internal team and external partners and supplies agendas, relevant samples and additional materials.
• Travel as needed to Deckers HQ in Goleta, Ca
Required qualifications needed in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years’ experience in footwear design or graphic design with an interest in footwear design
• General understanding of construction and process, improving under guidance of mentor.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator