Womens Lifestyle Fashion Buyer, Evrgreen Clothing
To create a plan, strategy and vision for the Evrgreen lifestyle fashion category that represents a curated, contemporary assortment that is on trend, accessible, versatile and thoughtful.
The execution of the assortment that will grow the sales volume and margin for lifestyle fashion. Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong background in specialty merchandising, retail analytics and operational execution in a multi-store environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Evrgreen customer and the ability to select the appropriate product/trend to meet their needs
- Strong analytical and retail math skills to manage Open-To-Buy and achieve bottom line performance
- Possess a firm working understanding of retail planning and is able to contribute and act on planning-based requirements of the role
- Ability to recognize new fashion trends and interpret how those will apply to our markets
- Work with marketing to collaborate on new ideas and content
- Exhibit a professional communication style (both verbal and written) as shown through strong presentation skills, excellent organizational skills and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to balance the immediate and long term needs of the business.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel and the ability to learn and become proficient in new computer systems
- Merchandise Analysis & Planning
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly sales, stock and on-order with the goal of identifying opportunities, improving margins, optimizing inventory levels and minimizing markdowns.
- Communicate and execute necessary actions to maximize profit/reduce risk
- Recognize and react quickly to all trends in the business, whether they be product related or store related.
- Work with the Buying/Planning Team on revising plans to ensure that sales and margin are optimized by class.
- Ensure that buying direction is on target based on analysis of the business, last year results, current trends, etc.
- Manage the financial elements of the business, e.g., OTB, IMU, MD’s, etc. for assigned classes.
- Ensure that the receipt plan is tightly managed and that orders are placed on a timely basis (neither too late or too soon) and that receipts flow correctly throughout the month.
- Seasonal planning of open-to-buy budget in accordance with company sales plan
- Assortment Planning
- Manage assortment to achieve a curated and effective offering that is properly balanced and invested in
- Curate assortment to ensure there is an appropriate balance of trends, silhouettes, fabrics, patterns, color, price points, etc., and that we are taking the correct inventory position with core items and fringe/seasonal items.
- Utilize and stay up to date with buying software to organize assortments, budget, and share with team members and management
- Exceptional understanding of seasonal business to ensure successful exit of seasonal goods.
- Develop effective and beneficial relationships with brand reps and vendors
- Utilize well-versed negotiation skills that builds relationships based in integrity while also achieving financial expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Highly collaborative, responsive team player
- Gain understanding of all roles and responsibilities within the organization and be flexible and cooperative in working with teams to achieve a common goal
- Collaborates freely and without competition with fellow buyers to curate the best assortment
- Provide relevant mentorship to fellow buyers to help foster an effective and dynamic team
- Time Management & Organization
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and diligent task follow-through
- Demonstrate exceptional work ethic and motivation to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prioritize efficiently, multitask and prioritize in response to changing needs of the business