Women's Merchandising Manager
KITH is currently seeking a Women's Merchandising Manager to join the team full time.
· Develop and drive merchandise assortments that meet global, digital, and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
· Be able to communicate strategies actively and efficiently for the department to the Brand Director of Merchandising, and the CEO/Creative Director. Articulate key needs of the women’s business, and area of growth.
· Oversee the line planning process for Women’s Apparel, Accessories, and Lifestyle.
Lead and build out assortments strategies by classification to grow business.
· Cross functional partnership with the Women’s Buyer, for key market insights as well finding opportunities to new pockets of business.
· Partner with Director to gain alignment with Kith Product and Design teams on long range planning and implement strategies to support.
· Develop DTC range plans that deliver brand and channel objectives. Collaborate with Brand planning teams to ensure DTC range plans support global consistency and appropriate brand positioning.
· Guide the tops-down sales, margin, inventory, and style-color count targets for the upcoming season, considering brand strategies, product knowledge, sales history, and channel trends. Flex strategic approaches for both mature and emerging categories.
· Drive a deep understanding of the DTC customer. Apply insights to product assortments and activations.
· Create assortment plans for stores that achieve style-color count targets and productivity targets while creating a customer experience that is cohesive with the brand and channel initiatives. Incorporate field feedback and identify revenue-driving opportunities that evolve store assortments over time.
· Ensure cohesion across storytelling and cross category.
· Collaborate with retail and visual merchandising leaders.
· Guide the planning of merchandising assortments through strategic ranking, ensuring sales, margin, and inventory plans support merchandising vision while meeting financial and operational needs.
· Coordinate merchandising insight based on actual results.
· Take an action-oriented approach to managing the business each week:
· Make recommendations for the current pricing calendar, marketing, and visual presentations.
· Partner with Allocation to optimize inventory by store and across channels.
· Make recommendations for exit strategies for slow sellers.
· Identify and action on business opportunities through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
· Provide forward-looking product-driven inputs to monthly Open to Buy meetings.
· Co-Manage a team of 2 people.
· Foster to a culture within the organization that emphasizes passion for the consumer and product, a drive for results, high cross-functional collaboration, and a responsible mindset.
· Balance workload and priorities across departments, teams, and individuals to ensure successful execution of targets.
· Develop and mentor team on core competencies to support job satisfaction, retention, and future talent development.
· Must have the ability to manage up, down and across with positive results.
· 5+ years of experience working in the buying or merchandising industry
· Must have women's experience
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 2011, Kith is a leading lifestyle brand and progressive retail concept that’s celebrated globally for its ability to tell stories, evoke nostalgia and connect product to the passion it’s woven with. Now in its eleventh year of business, Kith has in-house apparel lines for men, women and children, an ice cream parlor in every flagship, a full-service restaurant and a retail footprint in three continents.
Born and raised in Queens, New York, Kith Founder Ronnie Fieg rose the ranks from 13-year-old stock boy at footwear franchise David Z. to the company’s chief buyer, earning him a profound understanding of the retail landscape and a network of powerful brand relationships. As the brand’s CEO and Creative Director, Fieg is known for his ability to create premium products and deliver unparalleled experiences, with a personal philosophy of giving the consumer more than what they pay for. Using Kith as a vehicle, Fieg has applied his signature lens to an impressive list of collaborators, including Coca-Cola, Nike, Versace, BMW and many others.
**All applicants must be located in the NYC Metro area and willing to go into the office 5 days a week.