Womenswear Design Assistant
The London office of Vivienne Westwood is currently recruiting for an Womenswear Design Assistant to join our team based at our Head Office in Battersea. This is a challenging and superb opportunity for a talented designer to join a luxury and successful brand.
The applicant will be required to have suitable skills to fulfil the following tasks:
- Fully integrate and communicate within the Womenswear Design Team and all other employees in the company.
- Follow instructions and work within a certain time frame
- Offer relevant research when asked using magazines, internet, libraries and markets etc.
- Present own ideas and develop to fulfil commercial/market and fashion requirements given
- Be able to understand garment construction and translate into flat technical drawings and spec sheets
- Be able to assist the Design Team in any of the tasks asked nearer deadline times eg, making of mood boards, helping with fabric plus colour selection, sketches etc
- Providing design and proposing styles for the season under work according to the Senior Designer’s brief
- Copying patterns when necessary
- Creating new designs when needed or amending new artwork and graphics
- Prepare sample request and artwork to be sent to the production company
- Assist in the development of the product from research to production to distribution to presentation and finally to the customer for acceptance Review sales given by business control unit and present to designers.
Skills and experience:
- Design or fashion related qualifications
- Understanding of garment construction, fabrics and print.
- Ability to design across both graphic and garments
- Experience working within a team
- Knowledge of textile and ability to identify and manipulate fabric
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and in Photoshop. To also have a good understanding and use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
Vivienne Westwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local government laws.