Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel
The Assistant Designer is responsible for the administration and follow up of the product design process. Assists in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Responsible for administration and follow of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and seasonal presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
- Assists with technical design fittings and ensures that updates are executed.
- Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to product development team, tech department and vendors on time for prototypes and salesmen samples.
- Monitors lab-dips, knit-downs, strike offs and handloom approvals.
- Technical sketches in Illustrator and 3D software
- Responsible for approval of sales samples to ensure garment is production-ready.
- Ability to learn how to design through technology (e.g., illustrator and photoshop a must, Ned Graphics, 3D software and PLM)
- Superior color and taste level
- High level of creativity with a passion for design
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and design around concepts.
- Proficient with Google Drive/Applications or related software.
- Bachelor degree(B.A) from a college or university, major in Design
- One year design experience preferred (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)