Associate Textile Product Designer
Loloi Rugs is seeking an Associate Textile Product Designer position requires a minimum of 3 years of design experience in the textiles industry. The primary objective of this artistic, textile design role is to produce new, initial designs of area rugs, accent rugs, and scatter rugs, and to work with factories to develop floorcoverings and physical samples. This requires consistent communication with the factories. In addition to translating rug designs into physical samples, this role also communicates with internal and external customers, and gains an understanding of floorcovering constructions and cost structures. This role requires the execution of some design projects to remain confidential and independent. Because of the company’s investment in, dedication to, and emphasis on world-class design, Loloi is the fashion destination of the home furnishings industry.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter, please let us know your salary expectations and your available start date.
- Create coordinate designs that complement existing designs.
- Create presentations using InDesign software for management team.
- Some administrative duties as needed.
- Create multiple sizes of approved designs.
- Create multiple color stories of existing designs.
- Translation of existing artwork and photography to make new designs.
- Create refined designs using Illustrator, Photoshop, and NedGraphics software.
- Communicate with factories to develop new products and samples.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as approved by design management.
- Retain cost structures and gain an understanding of constructions.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of textile design experience.
- Four-year degree in design/art-related field, (fine art, surface design, textile design, fashion design).
- Photoshop experience required.
- NedGraphics experience preferred.
- Illustrator and InDesign experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take constructive criticism.
- Positive, optimistic demeanor and work ethic.
What We Offer
Whether it's the products we develop or the showrooms we design, Loloi believes there's always room to be better. We extend that belief to our team, continuously striving to improve our employee’s quality of life. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, paid parental leave, and 401(k) to our full-time employees.
Our fast-paced culture values people who act and think like founders. If you're someone who takes initiative, works hard, and brings a positive spirit, there's no limit to how far you'll go here.
Loloi Rugs is a leading textile brand that designs and crafts rugs, pillows, and throws for the thoughtfully layered home. Family-owned and led since 2004, Loloi is growing more quickly than ever. To date, we’ve expanded our diverse team to hundreds of employees, invested in multiple distribution facilities, introduced thousands of products, and earned the respect and business of retailers and designers worldwide. A testament to our products and our team, Loloi has earned the ARTS Award for “Best Rug Manufacturer” in 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2023. For more information, visit loloirugs.com.
Loloi Rugs does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in the provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Protect yourself from potential fraud and verify the authenticity of any job offer you receive from Loloi. Rest assured that we never request payment or demand any sensitive personal information, such as bank details or social security numbers, at any stage of the recruiting process. To ensure genuine communication, our recruiters will solely reach out to applicants using an @loloirugs.com email address. Your security is of paramount importance to us at Loloi, and we are committed to maintaining a safe and trustworthy hiring experience for all candidates.